Double Degree Master of Science in Rural Development & Agricultural Economics
 Admission Requirements


The main language of instruction is English. Elective courses may be available in French, German and Dutch. General communication in the network is in English.

The program is supplanted with language training activities and cultural exposure activities. All students can follow linguistic and cultural courses in any of the participating institutes, either prior to the mobility (in the host institute) or during the stay in order to fulfil language requirements of the programme.

The applicant must be proficient in the language of the course or training programme, i.e. English. Command of the English language is a very important criterion for admission.

There are 5 possibilities to supply this proof:

  1. TOEFL certificate (more information click here), maximum 5 years old with a minimum total score of 550 on the paper based test, or a minimum total score of 80 on an internet based test. No other types of TOEFL tests than the paper based or internet based test (such as TOEIC etc) will be accepted. Add your score sheet to your application.
  2. IELTS certificate (more information click here) maximum 5 years old with a minimum overall band score of 6,5. Add your score sheet to your application.
  3. A CEFR certificate (more information click here) issued by an European university language centre of maximunm 5 years old with a minimum overal level of B2. Add your score sheet to your application.
  4. Proof of at least 1 academic year of bachelor or master studies, or 60 ECTS in a university (or recognized equivalent) with English as medium of instruction. (All courses of the bachelor or master year in English).  See note below.
  5. Proof of a successful “Upper-Intermediate Academic English” test at the Ghent University Language Center (more information click here).

••Remark: TOEFL/IELTS predictive tests are not acceptable.••

Note: If you do not have a valid TOEFL or IELTS test (results and test dates as described in the requirements above), you should add to your application a proof of at least 1 year of academic training in English at university or comparable level. As a rule, this proof should consist of a written report in English (bachelor or master thesis or scientific report), and a certificate of the university confirming that you have followed at your university (or recognized equivalent) during 1 year of study all classes, practical work and exams in English.

Applications without any proof of English proficiency will not be considered for admission

                                            Ghent University               Humboldt University                   Agrocampus Ouest                 Nitra University                Pisa University             

Last update on 06/12/2016 -
Management login
Site map